[yast-devel] Missing fixes
Hi all,

I just want to point out something that has surprised me and it could
be useful to newcomers.

While debugging a problem with yast2-kdump in SLE 11 SP4, I noticed
that it was fixed in SLE 12[1]. According to 'git blame', the bugfix
was converted by ycp-killer, so I expected it to be present in Code-11
-SP3 branch. But it's not.

So I checked the 'good-bye-ycp' tag and I found some fixes[2]
(including the one I was looking for[3]). Most of them have been ported
to Code-11-SP3, but some of them are still missing (bnc#687249 or
bnc#440554 for example). Obviously, all those fixes are present in
master and SLE 12 branches.

At this time, I'm going to merge only the fix I need. But, for the
others, should we do something?

Regards,
Imo

[1] https://github.com/yast/yast-kdump/blob/master/src/modules/Kdump.rb