Re: [yast-devel] before I file another bug about font sizes...
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 14:27:18 +0100
# zypper in libqt5-qtct
# qt5ct

Set the desired font size in the "Fonts" tab in the dialog (press the "..."
button to change the default). Then press OK to save the settings. Now try
running YaST...

Note: After relogin in KDE5 the vast majority of icons were missing for me when
tried it few weeks/months ago, but it seems to be fixed in the updated package
(in
openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Update).

I tracked the issue down to the /etc/profile.d/qt5ct.* files, if you have some
problems in KDE after changing the fonts remove those files...

https://github.com/libyui/libyui-qt-pkg/blob/master/src/YQPkgGenericDetailsView.cc#L89

QString css;
css = "table.stats"
"{text-align: center;"
"font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif ;"
"font-weight: normal;"
"font-size: small;"
"width: 100%;"
""
"border: 1px;"
"border-collapse: collapse;"
"border-spacing: 4px;}"
""
"table.stats td"
"{"
"padding: 4px;"
"text-align: left;"
"border: 1px; solid;"
"}"
""
"table.stats td.hed"
"{"
"padding: 4px;"
"text-align: left;"
"border-bottom: 2px; solid;"
"font-size: small;" // <<---------------
"font-weight: bold;} ";

document()->addResource( QTextDocument::StyleSheetResource, QUrl( "format.css" ), css );

This is probably the problem here: Using a style sheet with no clear specification what font to use. We request a font size "small", and small is indeed what we get. We should probably be more specific here; the question is where and how exactly to configure that so that it works in all scenarios.

Kind regards
--
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
YaST Developer

SUSE Linux GmbH
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany