Re: [yast-devel] New libstorage: Returning NULL pointers vs. throwing exceptions
On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 03:15:57PM +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Well, in OOP is also one more approach called NullObject pattern, which
is create kind if partition table, that in represent no partition
table. Let me below show how it will behave. ( and yes, I know it is a
bit controversial pattern -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_Object_pattern

so if NoPartitionTable is used and its partitions return single
partition, that is in fact filesystem on disk.

And when you ask that single "fake" partition for it's device
name, will it be "/dev/sda" or "/dev/sda1"? Any answer is looking
for trouble, e.g. with "/dev/sda" you have several objects with
the same device name (have fun finding the right one), with
"/dev/sda1" you cannot e.g. use the device name to mount the
filesystem.

Regards,
Arvin

--