Re: [yast-devel] Planning the Next Sprint (#12)
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:11:06 +0100
On 11/10/2015 09:45 AM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Guys,

As you can see in Trello, I'm currently planning new sprint (planning
meeting will be tomorrow for both sub-teams). This time, the focus
should be "The future of SLE 12 (SP2 + Leap 42.2) & Critical SLE issues
(SP1-P1s and Maintenance updates)".

Team A
======
- In general, I wanted to continue with the trend set by Jiri before he
left for his vacation, just check the current Sprint Backlog

Team 1
======
- The team has some PBIs under waterline in the current backlog, but I
believe you can make all of them and then there are some new
interesting PBIs the Incoming Board.

For both teams
==============
- This time, I'd like to focus more on development (with refactoring)
than on fixing P1s - we do not have that many P1s now anyway

Not many P1s, but we have 90 bugs assigned to yast-internal (i.e.
expected to enter some sprint at some point). If that amount continues
increasing it's going to be hard to keep the overview.

- I would like you all to check the current queue (first the current
backlog, then the planned one) and think about it: Is this what will
bring the best value for customers/us? Isn't there anything more
important? Considering what we know now, is it important at all?

Directly related to the paragraph before. With 90 bugs don't expect your
PO to catch all the important ones. So highlight those you care about.
Then it will be PO decision if they are more important than new
development or refactoring.

- Please, suggest shifting priorities, adding important stuff that has
been left out of planning, or suggest removal of items if you believe
they are unimportant (now). Always provide explanation "why".

Thanks in advance
Lukas

Cheers.
--