Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 12:01:09 +0100
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 05.11.2015 11:15, Josef Reidinger wrote:
We've got rid of spec.in in all Yast repos (also) for this reason,
but
snapper/libstorage doesn't support it.
it can be replaced by trivial bash script that do replacement.

That's what the Autotools actually do. They are shortcuts to generate
things you could write yourself, and that people actually had
traditionally written themselves, before they got so complicated that
it got out of hand. Just look at those generated 'configure' script
or Makefiles. They all started out easy back then. ;-)

Kind regards

My problem is that it is not unix way "do one thing and do it good".
only thing that jenkins need is generate tarball, have spec and have
changes -> then call osc build.

For this kind of stuff autotools require you to have compiler, all
devel libraries, complete autotools, all generators and probably also
all software needed for testing.

So autotools instead of providing set of commands that are independent
release huge beast from hell pit and require dozens of villagers just
to do trivial task.

Josef