Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 12:06:45AM +0100, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Dne 3.11.2015 v 16:32 Arvin Schnell napsal(a):
That is reason why we introduce idea of simple git tarball and using osc
to do
all generation, building and other steps.

Just create a VM in the cloud, start the correct image, do the packaging and
delete the VM again. Isn't that the whole idea of the cloud?

Yes, you could use cloud, but it's too complicated. Running a special VM
just to create a simple tarball from Git checkout sounds crazy to me...

You can also run unit test, code coverage and some integration
tests in the VM. Apart from that the VM is not so special, just
the standard SDK is needed.

Remember what you need to do if you want to build an YaST package for SLE11
- you
need installed yast2-devtools in the appropriate version + all tools used
(like
autoconf, automake,...) + the needed libraries. You need different set of
packages for each SP release, that's too complicated even with the help of
VMs.

Don't think about all the different packages but about a
different distribution. Then it is not complicated at all. I
always do development for old distributions in VMs. You need them
for testing anyway.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>