Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
On 3.11.2015 16:25, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 03:33:36PM +0100, Lukas Ocilka wrote:

I've been working on this task ($SUBJECT,
https://trello.com/c/Rg7bI6rP/367-3-add-libstorage-snapper-to-jenkins)
for some time and implemented a simple but ugly solution:

1. New Jenkins project:
https://ci.suse.de/view/openSUSE/job/snapper/configure
2. New simple Rakefile at
https://github.com/kobliha/snapper/tree/jenkins_support

Using two make tools in one project looks strange to me and might
confuse users. Since snapper is a C++ project tools common for
that language should be used.

Yes, there should be ideally ONE too for all C++ projects owned by Yast
team. Currently libyui tools could not be used without modifications
("not mentioning" the fact, that we need to rename them). BTW, `rake` is
also used for yast2-core - not a Ruby project.

3. Several newly installed packages at vm-yast-ci-worker (automake,
libtool, gcc-c++, libmount-devel, dbus-1-devel, libacl-devel)

libbtrfs-devel should also be installed. Can't this information
be extracted from the spec file?

It was not needed for creating the spec file, the rest is then done by
osc:build.

4. make -f Makefile.repo && rake osc:build

The spec file we use for SUSE has a different configure command,
e.g. disabling ext4 support. The CI should use the same configure
options - or even try several different.

OK, thanks, but then it needs to be in the project README file. There's
no way to find this out, I'm afraid, the info is hidden.

Trying several different ones might be also possible, but I'd like to
avoid from false-positive failures.

Thx
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux