Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
Dne 3.11.2015 v 16:32 Arvin Schnell napsal(a):
That is reason why we introduce idea of simple git tarball and using osc to
do
all generation, building and other steps.

Just create a VM in the cloud, start the correct image, do the packaging and
delete the VM again. Isn't that the whole idea of the cloud?

Yes, you could use cloud, but it's too complicated. Running a special VM
just to create a simple tarball from Git checkout sounds crazy to me...

Remember what you need to do if you want to build an YaST package for SLE11 -
you
need installed yast2-devtools in the appropriate version + all tools used (like
autoconf, automake,...) + the needed libraries. You need different set of
packages for each SP release, that's too complicated even with the help of VMs.

On the other hand with the new simple git tarball approach you just need git
and tar
basically in any version. You do not need the build dependencies.

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer