Re: [yast-devel] Why you get a Qt UI in your installation - or not
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:58:59 +0100
On 04.11.2015 17:23, Josef Reidinger wrote:
To be honest I do not see reason why qt need yast2_basis and ncurses
not. Both should need it or none of it and only differentiator should
be some X or qt libraries. ( or kde desktop ).

I guess the reasoning was that with libyui-ncurses there is no harm done - rather get it in one case too many than in one case too few. It doesn't add many dependencies.

With libyui-qt, that's another matter: It depends on Qt which has quite a number of subpackages and a large number of dependencies like X11 etc.; even if you install X11 anyway, it might drag quite a number of other X11 stuff in that you wouldn't have otherwise.

I can understand why the pattern makers are considerably more reluctant to add libyui-qt to any pattern than libyui-ncurses.

IIRC in former times we had something like 'provides: yast2-ui' for all 3 of the UIs, but for some reason that was changed.

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
YaST Developer

SUSE Linux GmbH
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany