Re: [yast-devel] Adding snapper/libstorage to Jenkins
On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 15:33:36 +0100
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Moin,

I've been working on this task ($SUBJECT,
https://trello.com/c/Rg7bI6rP/367-3-add-libstorage-snapper-to-jenkins)
for some time and implemented a simple but ugly solution:

1. New Jenkins project:
https://ci.suse.de/view/openSUSE/job/snapper/configure
2. New simple Rakefile at
https://github.com/kobliha/snapper/tree/jenkins_support
3. Several newly installed packages at vm-yast-ci-worker (automake,
libtool, gcc-c++, libmount-devel, dbus-1-devel, libacl-devel)

This is for me the most ugly part. There is huge risk for us to again
hit problems like:
1) package is for Leap, but versions above is for factory
2) worker do not have recent enough versions, so we do not detect
problems earlier
3) we have to maintain it on server side.

That is reason why we introduce idea of simple git tarball and using
osc to do all generation, building and other steps.

4. make -f Makefile.repo && rake osc:build

This currently SUCCEEDS! :)

Yast projects have .spec files in their /package directories, but
snapper has snapper.spec.in and the .spec file is then generated
on-the-fly. Although the current Jenkins solution is really ugly as it
brings too many new dependencies into the infrastructure, it's a step
forward (at least I hope so). So, what do you think of that? How bad
is 'bad', how ugly is 'ugly' :)?

For me nice step forward, but we really have to remove such
dependencies in tarball creation process.

Josef

PS: If you can't access some pieces of the infrastructure, then you
just can't, and I'm sorry