Re: [yast-devel] High level notes about new storage API
On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 04:36:19PM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Now first note. I do not see in decisions why C++ is used as language
for this library. I think it would be nice to document it why it is
needed as currently from document I see that planned users are machinery
( which use ruby ), Yast (ruby) and kiwi (perl). Is there any
performance reasons, availability of bindings, libraries or any other
reason to use it?

Sure, I'll write something to the documentation.

As libstorage basically use CLI of other programs, so question
is why not use more high level language.

Why should C++11 not be a "very" (not in the term of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_high-level_programming_language)
high level language? I fear an endless discussion coming.

Regards,
Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>