Re: [yast-devel] Time to Branch SLE 12 SP1, Leap 42.1, and Clean Up?
On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:09:38 +0200
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

At this point, IIUC, we should be fixing just P1s for both SLE 12 and
Leap 42.1, but we might have some fixes or we want to do some
refactoring and cleanup in spare time for the $next product. So, is it
the right time now?

Moreover, I've just checked some projects and it seems we need to do
cleanup also in branches, see [branches] in e.g.:
https://github.com/yast/yast-autoinstallation or
https://github.com/yast/yast-registration - there are many left behind
after merged PRs.

I am fine with creating branch, but with exception that I vote to auto
create only SP1 branch and create leap branch only where it make sense
as leap plan to follow SP1 ( currently only skelcd-opensuse has leap
branch).

Cleaning is also fine, it is easily doable from gui. ( for cleaning
local mess I recommend to use `git remote prune origin` )

Josef

P.S. I can do branching or if someone else volunteer I really recommend
to use
https://github.com/yast/yast-devtools/blob/master/ytools/yast2/create_maintenance_branch

which reminds me. Imo do you plan to add to yast-rake "submit_to"
feature which we can use here for smaller branching difference?

Josef

Thanks
Lukas