Re: [yast-devel] new translation server and YaST
On 14.10.2015 11:50, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 05:39:27PM +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:

I do not expect that developers will review translations.

Arvin mentioned that there are some special cases:

I just found another case where I have to twiddle with
translations: ar.po in snapper is broken (multi plural form
stuff) and make aborts:

ar.po:6: nplurals = 6...
ar.po:486: ...but some messages have only 2 plural forms
msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
ar.po: 180 translated messages.
Makefile:466: recipe for target 'ar.mo' failed
make: *** [ar.mo] Error 1

So I will now delete ar.po or remove the "Plural-Forms:"
statement. If some robot commits it again and again (whenever
someone translates a single message) this will result in lots of
build failures and manual work.

Please make sure the translations don't have mistakes like that.

Hmm, that's right. Our pull requests support checking the new code in
Travis. Then it says if all is OK.

So, if we do not use PRs with that, packages could be broken quite
easily. For that (and other reasons, such as security), I still prefer
having translations in a different repository.

Additionally, these translation packages can be submitted and built
continuously, but they also need to have checks for consistency.

Bye
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux