Re: [yast-devel] new translation server and YaST
On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 05:26:15PM +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
Dne 13.10.2015 v 17:05 Arvin Schnell napsal(a):
On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 10:23:39PM +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:

What will be needed before YaST can be added to Weblate:

1) Decide how YaST will manipulate with po files. Currently all po
files for all repositories reside in a single repository (and later
in a single package). It was useful in time of manual downloads and
uploads, where no -lang package merging was implemented. Now it will
complicate fully automatic work flow, as pot files needs to be
transferred across repositories (at least until somebody invents a
robot for it).

Are you asking for the translations to get moved to the
corresponding packages, e.g. that the translations of
yast2-installation are included in the yast/installation
repository and maybe also the yast2-installation.rpm?

I am just saying that it as an option.

Most other projects have its translations in their po or locale
directories in the repositories. And they consider it as an optimal
solution. It is not the case of YaST.

Was this decision based on the SVN LCN work-flow, or it was
considered as best solution for YaST in general?

I think it is done that way to save disk space and esp. RAM
during installation. We have about 80 translations and they are
around 0.5 MB each, so having all of them in the inst-sys adds
40MB.

Currently translation packages are inserted into the inst-sys on
demand.

If you make subpackages, e.g. yast2-installation-trans-cz, we
would end up with 1000 translation packages.

From the packaging side, now we have a good and well working tools
for creating of translation bundles.

Please explain what a translation bundle is.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>
(AG Nürnberg)