Re: [yast-devel] Meta information of libyui and yast repos
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 09:06:19 +0200
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 15:51:00 +0200

Is there any reason for having this in the meta of YaST:Head

<repository name="openSUSE_Tumbleweed">
<path project="openSUSE:Factory" repository="snapshot"/>
</repository>
<repository name="openSUSE_Factory">
<path project="openSUSE:Factory" repository="standard"/>
</repository>

and this in devel:libraries:libyui?

<repository name="openSUSE_Tumbleweed">
<path project="openSUSE:Tumbleweed" repository="standard"/>
</repository>
<repository name="openSUSE_Factory">
<path project="openSUSE:Factory" repository="snapshot"/>
</repository>

Note the inconsistency in the use of "snapshot" and "standard". After
experiencing a delay in the creation of a SR in Jenkins, I asked
DimStar and coolo and looks like the only difference between using
"standard" and "snapshot" is that the later takes longer to receive
the updates. So I would change everything to "standard"... if I would
have the permissions.

Who can do it? Any reason to keep using "snapshot" at all?

Cheers.

Reason for snapshots are historical, when we build our testing DVDs and
standard move to fast so we have problem to build DVD. So we use
snapshot. I think it no longer make sense.

Josef