Re: [yast-devel] Simplifying QEMU installations: virt-installer
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 10:51:35 +0200
Am 16.09.2015 um 09:51 schrieb Josef Reidinger:
Really nice, especially uefi which I always have problem to configure
properly. is possible to also add my often use display=vnc with
configuration? it is my favorite one for remote running VMs.

I just added support for that. Please check if it does what you want it to do. Use

vm.use_vnc = true
vm.vnc_password = "supersecret"

From what I saw, it still uses virt-viewer for whatever reason. But it asks for that specified vnc_password. I am just not sure if it does the right thing.

And speaking of passwords, you can now also set

vm.ssh_password = "notsosupersecret"

If you don't set it (i.e. it remains 'nil'), linuxrc will still ask for it as before.

Happy virt-installing!

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
YaST Developer

SUSE Linux GmbH
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany