Re: [yast-devel] Services UI strikes back
On 14.5.2015 12:22, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
So, who can help me with the labels of the widgets and the help
messages? Here you are the ones in the current prototype:
http://paste.opensuse.org/22250719

Keep in mind that the labels should be self-explanatory with no room for
doubts or ambiguity and the help... well, the help text should be useful :-)

Just a few notes:

- "Current status" ~ this is self-explanatory

- "Reload the service..." ~ also self-explanatory, but should be [_]
unselected when service is stopped

- "Start service..." ~ also self-explanatory, but maybe "...system boot"

- According to style guide, all check-boxes "Should Use This Style"
"Instead of this style".

- What still makes me a bit lost is how this is presented to the user.
Below, you can see a Firewall() frame, but I'm (maybe) lacking some
Service() frame around all these settings. Then you could maybe even
remove all "service(s)" from texts.

- "Save settings now without closing" ~ it's a button, so "Save Settings
...", and maybe it's too long if you consider translations

examples (using mechanical translations)

- i-save ang mga setting na ngayon na walang pagsasara
- enregistrer les paramètres maintenant, sans fermeture
- instellings op te slaan nou sonder sluitingsdatum
- menteni a beállításokat most lezárása nélkül

what about just [Apply Changes]?

- Módosítások alkalmazása
- Өзгертулерді қолдану
- Piemērot izmaiņas