Re: [yast-devel] Services UI strikes back
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 12:22:12 +0200
On 05/13/2015 09:31 AM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 05/09/2015 01:06 AM, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

Am Montag, 4. Mai 2015 schrieb Jiri Srain:
On 05/04/2015 10:21 AM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
On 2.5.2015 11:38, Christian Boltz wrote:

What is still a bit weir is

"Currently" which is IMO "Current status" or something similar

I was too lazy to push around letters in GIMP - but if this is the only
problem in my proposal, I'm more than happy ;-)

"Current status" would be ok (much better than "currently" which was
just a temporary solution). But the problem is that this has been
exactly the confusing point to some users. We need something more
explicit meaning "Status (currently and after saving settings)".

Remember one of the many manifestations of the original problem: some
people expected that enabling the service at boot would mean that the
service is running after pressing "ok" (even if it's currently stopped).
They seem to got confused even though the old UI also had the buttons
for starting/stopping just in the same tab.

I believe (or hope) it can be fixed with the proper labels, but I'm not
creative enough.

So, who can help me with the labels of the widgets and the help
messages? Here you are the ones in the current prototype:
http://paste.opensuse.org/22250719

Keep in mind that the labels should be self-explanatory with no room for
doubts or ambiguity and the help... well, the help text should be useful :-)

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH