[yast-devel] Jangout (new videoconferencing) testing initiative
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 14:30:33 +0200
I know there is some people interested in the final outcome of our
hackweek project for videoconferencing.
https://hackweek.suse.com/projects/832

It is working now and we have been using an instance for some YaST Team
meetings, but we are facing issues when the number of participants in a
room raises above 10.

On one hand, seems like we need to debug it faster than one attempt a
day, on the other hand we don't want to ruin (or delay) every single
YaST Team meeting. Thus, we have decided to install an instance in
Amazon EC2 (which should not have bandwidth problems and will not need
access to SUSE VPN) to do some trial-debug with various settings.

So if you are interested in helping with the debugging and you have a
webcam (and some spare time), please join #jangouts on freenode. As soon
as we see enough people there, we'll boot the server and do some call
for testing.

Thanks.
--
Ancor González Sosa