Re: [yast-devel] jenkins formatting spec
On Wed, 6 May 2015 15:39:50 +0200
Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 03:31:12PM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi,
due to change in packaging tasks that prevent sending unmodified
sources to devel project I also add calling spec formatter to have
consistent spec file (as sometimes if specified BS itself modify
spec file as source service). So now jenkins always send formatted
spec files, even if git contain old version.
If you want have nicer spec also in git only think need to do is:

cd package
/usr/lib/obs/service/format_spec_file --outdir .

I am considering that maybe I can create rake task for it, what do
you think?

As long as the format service ruins the spec file, e.g. moving
comments to different lines (bsc #863998), I recommend to not use
it.

ciao Arvin

Well, problem is that it is often run server side, so I cannot compare
properly spec files on server and local one. So what I do now it is done
in jenkins before sending. Another option is to do automatic git
checkout before osc commit, so it is used only for comparison, but not
for commit, but it can cause different issues if some project do not
run it on server. My goal is to have easy way how to have consistent
rpm spec, that can be compared using `diff -u`

Josef