[yast-devel] Opensuse conference report
Hi,
I would like to give short overview regarding my presence in opensuse
conference. Conference in general was well organized and also well
attended.
I have two talks and one workshop:

first talk was in general about new stuff in yast and have enough
pictures. From questions I would like pin up question regarding new
features. It can indicate that we do not inform much ( or at all )
about future plans in yast, except if we break or drop something.

Second talk was about improvements we did in yast due to ruby after one
year of using ruby. Audience looks interested in topic and there is a
lot of discussion about tools.

Workshop is focused on fixing users problems, so everyone can choose
part he would like to improve. In general result is one bug report
( issue on gibhub ) regarding not working links. Christian send email
with his proposal of services UI. And we also discuss problems with CC
and how SUSE can distribute CC autoyast profile, but with license
agreement.

I also met some people and have some discussions. The most interesting
ones are:

- with Coolo and Adrian regarding problem with resubmission of our
packages, will try to finish fix today

- with Coolo and oholecek regarding autoyast and yast tests in it. I
have some ideas what can be improved, but Coolo opinion is that we
should first try to write some autoyast tests to have requirements
based on reality. At least I convince him, that we really need easier
way to deploy autoyast, maybe docker images or VMs in studio.

- met two IBM guys working on ppc64 and check their problems with
ncurses, expect two reports from them :)

Josef

P.S. in the end using plane instead of bus was really good decision.