Re: [yast-devel] Services UI strikes back
On Mon, 04 May 2015 10:44:01 +0200
Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 05/04/2015 10:21 AM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
On 2.5.2015 11:38, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

after the discussion we just had at the YaST workshop, here's my
proposal ("written" in GIMP ;-) - see the attached screenshot.

I removed two things:
- the "[ ] LDAP support active" checkbox - should go to another
screen
- After saving the config "( ) stop the service" - that's an
unrealistic usecase IMHO (if you want to stop the service, you
typically don't care about the config ;-)

The second change also means that we can replace the radio buttons
with a checkbox
[x] Reload/restart the service after saving settings
which should be enabled by default.

This gives us enough space to keep the firewall settings on the
same page - but if you really, really want, you can also move it
to another page.

I like the proposal.

- Start/Stop and Enable/Disable are on the same screen
- Even save, but do not exit - is there

What is still a bit weir is

"Currently" which is IMO "Current status" or something similar

I have a different issue (but maybe it can be solved by wording): If
a service is running now and I want it to be stopped when the module
finishes, how will I do it? It sounds like the only way is to stop
the service and then finish the module, but it cannot be achieved via
setting the check boxes...

Jiri

Question is why you want it after finish? I think clicking on "stop
now" do almost same and if you want to have it stopped, then I think it
doesn't matter when.

Josef