Re: [yast-devel] Correct solution for AutoYast: Report Unknown/Unsupported Sections
Dne 23.4.2015 v 10:05 Jiri Srain napsal(a):
1. Handle only sections known to be dropped
[...]
I don't really like this section because different products (even SLES vs.
SLED) may
have different YaST modules.

I do not think this is a problem, if we want to support just dropped modules
than it's OK (if we drop a module it's dropped from both SLES and SLED).

IIRC the profiles should be created on a machine with the same product,
do we really support creating profile on SLES and using it for SLED
installations?

The validation cannot be 100% perfect, e.g. some packages are SLES or SLED
only, but the software section structure is the same for both...

2. Compare the profile with what the currently installed system can
configure

I think that this option looks best to me, since it honors also "what is
currently
installed" and reports an error in such case. I don't think that any of the
other
options inform you when the package selection is the reason why something
cannot be
configured.

I agree it's better than 1., but it's more complicated for implementation...

3. Compare the profile with currently installed schema

One thing I like on this approach is that it will force us to keep the profile
up-to-date, I don't think that we are doing a good job here.

That's true. On the other hand I know that some customers use AutoYast in many
crazy situations... BTW what about the possible 3rd party AY modules? AFAIK the
schema is generated only for our modules...

IMHO we are a bit over engineering here, the initial issue was dropped yast2-ssh
module, solution 1. should be enough for this case...

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer