Re: [yast-devel] Adding the apply buttons to services
On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 16:56:49 +0200

I started to implement this UI for yast-dns-server and I need some
veteran's feedback.
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1cVv4FY4tWRLAnMG96Cdfvw8asTNpzhFUdKn4TEq8HYI/edit?usp=sharing

Looks like most similar modules are implemented using Wizard
(sometimes through CWM::DialogTree), which means only 3 buttons,
namely back, abort and next.

For dns-server I could abuse the slot of the back button (seems it
wouldn't be the first time[1]). But looking at the screenshots at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OA77GehzFKuoJWm0weN-bCi1BjfR2VAQNWoE1OOOrDE/edit?usp=sharing
it looks that wouldn't be a generic solution, since I can see some
"back" buttons there (most of them disabled, but still a problem).

Any chance of getting my "apply" button in a generic way keeping the
usage of Wizard and CWM::DialogTree?

Thanks

[1]
https://github.com/yast/yast-yast2/blob/master/library/wizard/src/modules/Wizard.rb#L507

Hi,
I do not feel myself veteran enough, but having apply button that apply
only services settings looks very confusing for me. Also I think there
is not easy generic way how to achieve it, unless you plan to modify
wizard itself:
https://github.com/libyui/libyui/blob/master/src/YWizard.cc#L47
which means very intrusive ABI and API change, so I wory that there is
no easy generic way unless you want to change whole wizard.

Josef