Re: [yast-devel] Correct solution for AutoYast: Report Unknown/Unsupported Sections
Dne 17.4.2015 v 16:16 Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Hi,

I'm a little bit stuck between added-value and implementation details
for the $SUBJECT bug. Long story short, we have dropped yast2-sshd
package that used to implement configuration for sshd in AutoYast.

[...]

1. Handle only sections known to be dropped

I'd prefer this solution because it is simple to implement. How many
bug reports of this kind we have got? And how often we drop a module
with AutoYast support so would need to update the list?

IMHO this has the best effort/value ratio.

Also this is the least intrusive change as we really know which modules
have been dropped (no need to maintain false positives which could get
outdated).

I know that our customers are very creative when using Autoyast,
I'd be really careful with checking the used profile.

2. Compare the profile with what the currently installed system can
configure

Too complicated IMHO and finding and keeping false positives might be difficult.

3. Compare the profile with currently installed schema

Here I'd be afraid of outdated schema...

So, what do you think? I don't want to over-engineer a simple thing but
I'd like to bring some value too. And I don't want to cause a few new
bugs ;)

I'd start with solution 1. (the simpler the less bugs ;-)) and if
it won't be enough we could improve it later either using 2. or 3.
depending on the missing use case for 1.

Just keep it simple.

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer