Re: [yast-devel] Code Review
On 13.2.2015 12:19, Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:
That's on the other hand something else. Ownership and responsibility
should not be limited to the code that a developer has created. I
myself, for instance, feel the responsibility for all the code that my
team develops and maintains, although I have implemented just some
parts here and there.

Actually, I meant more the responsibilty for the pull request. It would be
nice if there's a single person that understands the patch and that is the
person git logs as the one doing the commit. Because then I know who to ask
about the change years later.

OK, I see your point. But this works only short-to-mid term. A few years later, people might be somewhere else already and if not, they will probably not remember anyway.

The best is, if the whole change was self-descriptive. If all the commits had a decent description and if the pull-request described the circumstances of the whole change, including the bug or FATE number.

Additionally, that's why Martin insists on understandable description in .changes file - Now we might understand it, but we'll be in different situation in a few months or years.

Anyway, I agree that by default, having a single person "feeling the responsibility" for a given change (PR) makes sense.

Thanks
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux