Re: [yast-devel] UI unit testing and how to improve situation
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 14:22:34 +0100
On 02/12/2015 11:56 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:

What do you think about it? Do you find more useful helpers? And what
is more important how looks your ui tests, so I can check what is same
and can be shared?

To be honest, I don't remember to have written tests for UI in YaST. All
I can say is that I'd like them be as interaction-oriented as the tests
with Capybara in Rails, for example:

https://github.com/openSUSE/travel-support-program/blob/master/spec/features/user_profile_spec.rb

In the example, feature==describe, background==before, scenario==it.

I'll do some experiments next week. We all probably need to write quite
some tests for UI before being really able to design a good set of helpers.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH