[yast-devel] UI unit testing and how to improve situation
Hi,
I would like to discuss here how to improve situation with testing
dialogs and UI stuff. I write some test and found some patterns are
repeating, so maybe we can add it to our rspec helpers. My proposal is
to add few methods:

* simulate_input(*events) - which gets set of events that UserInput
should return

example usage: simulate_input(:help, :cancel, :start_service, :ok)

* mock_query_widget(widget_id, data_type, *responses) - which mocks
quering widget to return expected data

example usage: mock_query_widget(Id(:path), :Value, "/dev/sda",
"/dev/sdb")

* expect_value_set(widget_id, data_type, new_value) - check that verify
if dialog change value to expected value

example usage: expect_value_set(Id(:start_service), :Enabled, false)

What do you think about it? Do you find more useful helpers? And what
is more important how looks your ui tests, so I can check what is same
and can be shared?

Josef