Re: [yast-devel] Change in yast-rake and fragile tests
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:17:46 +0100
On 01/20/2015 01:14 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 12:51:08 +0100

On 01/20/2015 12:24 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 01/15/2015 05:53 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

2) For master

We have to fix it (not a question) but I think that fixing, for
example, chrooting of SCR in every single module is wrong. We need
to extract this functionality to the ruby bindings and then use
them in the different modules. So in my opinion it's time to
introduce RSpec helpers for SCR in the ruby bindings.

Like this, that I will commit to the proper repositories/branches once
we answer the question above.

https://github.com/ancorgs/yast-yast2/blob/29bfc826c0df463e77fbf0512c272167a5860412/library/general/test/SCRStub.rb

I agree. It should be in ruby bindings, but as I commented, it is not
so easy to do it properly generic. So maybe we start with small one and
then extending it. I prefer to have it close for changes and open for
extension principle here, as this should be really backward compatible,
otherwise every change can cause breakage of all testsuite, which I
would like to avoid.

Yep. That's why in this version I only included the #path helper and the
chrooting. I think they are a good starting point because they are
generic, low-risk and widely useful. For other things, like stubbing of
SCR/WFM calls, we need to come up with a proposal able to satisfy all
use cases.

Cheers.

--
Ancor González Sosa