[yast-devel] Change in yast-rake and fragile tests
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 17:53:27 +0100
This change introduced in our test:unit task has caused the tests in
yast-yast2 to break.
https://github.com/yast/yast-rake/commit/b00ca0e8c8208b05698675b0cb4752552de710c9

It's actually not a fault of the change in the task. The problem is that
the tests are fragile because they pollute the global namespace in
several ways. To be honest, I'd expect test from some other repositories
to also break. Specially those written when we were still newbies with
RSpec.

I did some changes in order to fix it but found another problem. Here is
the patch, not intended to enhance or refactor the tests in any way,
just to fix the minimum needed to make them run again.
https://github.com/ancorgs/yast-yast2/commit/a5c09480081be09d894f2df3a8b36a32dc3c26c4

The weird thing is that I needed to introduce the line marked with a
FIXME, which means that closing the default SCR is not as secure as all
our tests assume. Looking at the yast2-core source code I'd say that the
line is actually needed and we need to update quite some tests and the
documentation. But it's the core, so of course I could be wrong.

Cheers.

--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH