Re: [yast-devel] First steps in the new tutorial
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 09:57:33 +0100

On 12/24/2014 05:04 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 12/19/2014 01:17 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 12/17/2014 04:35 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

And here you are the fourth step (SCR and unit tests).
http://ancorgs.github.io/yast-journalctl-tutorial/step4.html

Good news:
- I added a fifth step.
- I reorganized some content. It feels more fluent now.
- I included the feedback from Lada on IRC.

Bad news:
- With the reorganization I decided I needed a 7th chapter, so
even with the new content I'm again 2 steps away from the finish
line.
- I rewrote the repository history, if you were following the
tutorial, you'll need to clone it again.

Chapter 6 comes with the same "feature" again. A fresh clone of the
code is needed again since I needed to rewrite history one more
time.

http://ancorgs.github.io/yast-journalctl-tutorial/step6.html

And finally the last step.

http://ancorgs.github.io/yast-journalctl-tutorial/step7.html

This chapter is about packaging. I'm not very proficient with OBS and
packaging in general, so review is even more encouraged than usual.

After some final touches (like actually following the tutorial in a
fresh installed openSUSE and replacing some placeholder texts), I'll
consider the tutorial ready to be moved under the yast organization
and linked from the github.io page.

Cheers.

I review chapter 7 and few notes:

- nice to talk about check:osc, I forget that I implement it :)

- I missing link to documentation of Yast::Task configuration options
when you use it, so user know what to use if he need something
advanced ( like different BS instance ).

- adding desktop to default license ignore pattern sounds like good
idea, I can add it to packaging_tasks itself as for me it is not yast
specific

In general nice tutorial and we can think how to make it even easier :)

Josef