Re: [yast-devel] First steps in the new tutorial
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 09:57:33 +0100
On 12/24/2014 05:04 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 12/19/2014 01:17 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 12/17/2014 04:35 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

And here you are the fourth step (SCR and unit tests).
http://ancorgs.github.io/yast-journalctl-tutorial/step4.html

Good news:
- I added a fifth step.
- I reorganized some content. It feels more fluent now.
- I included the feedback from Lada on IRC.

Bad news:
- With the reorganization I decided I needed a 7th chapter, so even
with the new content I'm again 2 steps away from the finish line.
- I rewrote the repository history, if you were following the tutorial,
you'll need to clone it again.

Chapter 6 comes with the same "feature" again. A fresh clone of the code
is needed again since I needed to rewrite history one more time.

http://ancorgs.github.io/yast-journalctl-tutorial/step6.html

And finally the last step.

http://ancorgs.github.io/yast-journalctl-tutorial/step7.html

This chapter is about packaging. I'm not very proficient with OBS and
packaging in general, so review is even more encouraged than usual.

After some final touches (like actually following the tutorial in a
fresh installed openSUSE and replacing some placeholder texts), I'll
consider the tutorial ready to be moved under the yast organization and
linked from the github.io page.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa