[yast-devel] The future of yast2-all-packages
Hi all,

As I have already mentioned during our status call yesterday, I was fixing yast2-schema to build (and build faster) and during code review, Ladislav pointed out that there is an old FIXME in spec file:
# FIXME: drop yast2-all-packages some day

This package, yast2-all-packages, is just a meta-package - expected to contain list of all Yast packages and it does nothing but installing all listed Yast packages. This meta-package is used for yast2-schema, which needs all Yast packages with some AutoYast support. I haven't found anything else though: https://github.com/search?q=yast2-all-packages+user%3Ayast&type=Code&utf8=%E2%9C%93

So, I propose to drop yast2-all-packages as we have already covered it's functionality elsewhere:

- Automatic build of all Yast packages incl. running test (Jenkins)
- Automatic rebuild in case of change in any package that a particular
Yast package requires (IBS/OBS)
- Overview of which Yast packages are available (PkgManager, GitHub)

Initially, I would have to copy the list of packages from yast2-all-packages to yast2-schema and then drop those without AutoYast support.

Do you see any reason why should we keep it?
Please answer till Thursday 18th.
Thanks
Lukas

Cloud & Systems Management Department, SUSE Linux