Re: [yast-devel] GUI for services management

Hello,

On Nov 26 18:03 Lukas Ocilka wrote (excerpt):
On 26.11.2014 09:27, Josef Reidinger wrote:

3) Add a button [Apply current settings] which works exactly like "ok"
but without quitting. Initially disabled. Enabled once the user has
changed something.

Well, it is more tricky as sometimes is hard to know if you need
"reload" or if you need "restart". For some changes is enough
to send SIGHUP, but for some changes real restart is needed
including temporary unavailability of service or reset of
existing connections. From serious bussiness point of view
it is huge difference. And for "Apply" it is not clear for me
what is effects.

[Apply] is a good idea. Whether service needs to be restarted,
reloaded or stopped & started again should be hidden behind
the module API. It would just provide `apply_settings` method
without any details.