Re: [yast-devel] YaST module for journalctl
Dne 19.11.2014 v 10:02 Ancor Gonzalez Sosa napsal(a):

So my plan is to write a new module for journalctl from scratch documenting
the
process (looks easy but complete enough to be a tutorial). Anybody against
it? Any
advise?

That's a good idea!

It would be nice to have detailed *step by step* tutorial for the very
beginners, IIRC we do not have something like that for Yast. Ideally
similar to "Getting Started with Rails" guide [1].

Just a note to view_anymsg: it can display any log file and can be customized
via *.desktop file so you can easily add a new file to display, see [2].

Maybe the module could be a generic command runner (or at least provide some
reusable library), if it would make sense in this case...

[1] http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html
[2]
https://github.com/yast/yast-yast2/blob/master/library/system/src/desktop/messages.desktop#L20

--