Re: [yast-devel] Storage Redesign
On 10.11.2014 11:29, Arvin Schnell wrote:
- Finally drop target-map (as decided during workshop).

That will be great step especially together with object oriented API.
Then we can have something like Disk.find( bios_id:
"0x80").find_partition(mount_to: "/boot").sw_raid? in bootloader.

Well, I'm not used to such a "find" API so I cannot say whether
it will like that way.

Also so far libstorage does not know the bios-id, hwinfo provides
that informations and it's "merged" in Ruby into the target-map.

I'd like if the new API was designed to suit as much as possible to its users, such as Installer, Updater, Bootloader, Storage and maybe even some other SUSE products. Simple to use and understandable to as many developers as possible.

This can't be achieved without open discussion with all the involved parties. And this is actually how I understand Arvin's e-mail and this whole thread.

Thanks!
Lukas

Cloud & Systems Management Department, SUSE Linux