Re: [yast-devel] [RFC] Versioning: master vs SLE-12-GA branches
Dne 15.10.2014 v 16:53 Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
[...]
When should we switch from 3.1.$X to 3.1.X.$Y? There are two possibilities:

* immediately, even if we still do the very same changes
in both branches - we would need to change the version when
merging to master

That would need extra work (changing the version when merging the branches)
without any benefit (or did I overlook something?).

* when they start to differ - we need to keep this in mind all the
time and we might forget because it's hard to think in advance:
does master have already something else that will not be in the
SLE-12-GA branch? Does it already differ?

So, what do you think is better and why?

I'd prefer to keep the 3.1.X schema as long as possible (i.e. until there is
a `master` only bug fix or a feature).

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k