Re: [yast-devel] openQA development restarted
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 14:20:08 +0200
On 10/02/2014 02:17 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 10/02/2014 02:01 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 13:30:04 +0200

[...]
According to a meeting this morning, next goal will be to have openQA
running on different architectures. We expect Dinar Valeev to make it
run in POWER next week (shouldn't be a big deal). There are also
chances of Bernhard Wiedemann putting some effort into bringing the
real hardware (kvm2usb) support back.

Hi Ancor,
thanks for bringing it attention.
At first I am not sure if kvm2usb is good way. I think nicer way is to
use special hardware similar like customers so serial console + vnc or
ssh with forwarded X
That's all out of my area of knowledge, but make sure you have a talk
with Bernhard, I think you both have a very clear view of what is needed
and the available options.

- Use cloud for parallelism and snapshots (already considered, as
explained above).
- Tree of requirements/snapshots, with information how to get to
every state.
- Improved debugging capabilities.
I will add thinks like
- hooks to run it when OBS build finished ( like if we create our own
testing iso )
- callbacks ( so we can configure it to send mail to mailing list if
yast specific test failed or to notify jenkins that new build passed,
so we can delay submit request till openQA confirm we do not break
anything ).
- easier needle modification ( or how they call screenshots :) I think
on side like send pull request, someone confirm that it really should
look like it and merge it.
- user management
We have both user management and a visual editor of needles. As user you
can be an admin or an operator. Operators have access to the needle
editor in which you can modify needles in the browser (just on a failed
test, right now).

Well, to be precise, we also have the interactive mode, in which openQA
stops the test and open the needle editor in every matching attempt.

When clicking on "save" in the editor, a new needle
will be created in the local instance of openQA and a pull request will
be sent to the corresponding repository so the new needle is added to
Github. Then, you can click on the restart button to restart the test
using the new needles. If somebody want to try, just log into
https://openqa.opensuse.org and ping me (I'm admin, so I can promote you
to operators).

Cheers.

--