Re: [yast-devel] RFC: Creation of SLE-12-GA maintenance branch
On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:26:25 +0200
Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dne 30.9.2014 v 13:43 Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
Hi,
I would like to introduce SLE-12 maintainance branch tomorrow on
wednesday 1.10. . I also would like to switch internal jenkins for
SLE-12 branch to submit to update repository, so it create
maintenance updates instead of submissions to SLE:12:GA.

Any objections?

LGTM ;-)

Just a question: What if we need to release a fix for SLE12? (We might
still need to fix something in GMC to the real GM.)

It seems that we will need to submit the packages manually. I think
it's OK as there should be as few changes as possible (ideally none).

Well, I see there two possible ways:

1) opensuse one, make fix in SLE-12 branch and release team took
package from submit request to Update channel

2) manual one, when you manually submit package

Thanks!

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer