[yast-devel] RFC: yast-rake task for release
Hi,
maybe some of you still missing old script for tagging git with
released version numbers. Or sometimes forgot to update spec file when
changing changes file ( like me ). So I propose to add new yast-rake
task "release". What it will do:

1) call "osc vc" and stop if user do not specify changes
2) call "rake version:bump" to increase version
3) create git commit with message "release #{version}"
4) tag this commit with version number like "3.1.125"

It do not push change. It also require manual "push --tags" as I want
to have the very last break, which allows me to check it again before I
push it.

What do you think about it? I welcome any comments or suggestions
before I implement it.

Josef