Re: [yast-devel] An idea for integration tests
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 12:51:25 +0200
On 09/29/2014 12:25 PM, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 03:24:13PM +0200, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
Since I was tired of the Trello card I spent the whole workshop working
on and being inspired by Flavio's talk, I switched my mind this morning
to the integration tests card.

I had an idea for writing tests with much less stubbing (using a virtual
system) than I think is worth trying.

Explained (together with some braindumping) at
https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/yast-integration-tests
Unfortunately for this approach several components do not
interact via SCR with the system, e.g. libzypp and libstorage.

Too bad. I though that agents were always the final interface to the
system. :-/

Also any stock rubygem we want to use will not care about SCR.

ciao Arvin

--
Ancor González Sosa
openSUSE Team at SUSE Linux GmbH