[yast-devel] Maintenance branch creator
On Thu, 4 Sep 2014 08:45:27 +0200
Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 10:46:05 +0200
Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 08:53:49AM +0200, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
I'd like to start a discussion about creating the SLE12 branch in
Git repositories.

The basic questions are:

- When should we create the branch? Do you need it already now?

Michal, Lada, and Lukas don't need it.

Pepa mentioned yast2-core, but more importantly yast2-bootloader:
openSUSE has a freeze before the SLE release!

So just reminder, now is time when I need it as I finish my grub1 drop
and want to continue with other improvements in bootlaoder code like
switch from automake to rake tasks, improved test suite and
refactoring of some really ugly methods which is used.
https://github.com/yast/yast-bootloader/pull/149

So if noone have against, I can create script that do all stuff for
SLE-12-GA maintenance branch + create task on internal jenkins.

Josef

I create such script and already test it on yast2-bootloader. You can
find it in devtools -
https://github.com/yast/yast-devtools/blob/master/ytools/yast2/create_maintenance_branch.rb
I try to follow KISS so configuration is inside and code is I hope
readable.

Welcome any comments
Josef
< Previous Next >