Re: [yast-devel] SLE12 GIT branch? - match contents
On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 12:44:08PM +0200, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Dne 2.9.2014 10:47, Martin Vidner napsal(a):
[...]
Do you have examples of mismatches, to remind us of the pitfalls to
avoid? So far I interpret this as "remember to submit from the right
branch" which Jenkins should automate just fine.

The problem is that just before the GM release the build service team might
reject
a submit request. Then you have a different state in
GIT/Devel:YaST:Head/Jenkins and
the final product.

So at the last minute we should fix only the bugs confirmed by PMs or release
managers to avoid this and we should watch for "rejected" SRs and either fix
them and
resubmit or revert in GIT to be consistent.

Or the build service team should be included in the GitHub review
process.

That reminds me of a problem I have with SLE11 SP development:
Sometimes a patch/package is requested for e.g. SP3 but then the
package is simply copied to SP2. Thus the branches in the
repository and the build service state get completely messed up.

Regards,
Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxx>