Re: [yast-devel] very unimpressed by found changes
On 2014-07-25 11:58 (GMT+0200) Arvin Schnell composed:

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 05:36:17AM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

I did, and do, all partitioning, and filesystem creation, in
advance of starting any operating system installer...

OK, it was unclear to me that you do not create and format the
partitions with YaST.

Where [sic] the mount points set by the storage proposal?

I've never ever seen YaST make a proposal from what I've prepared in advance that matches my plan. So, no, because it requires expert mode to be able to follow through with any personal plan.

Make no mistake from reading my complaint. The openSUSE installer has been far and away my favorite among all I've ever used. There's only one feature it lacks found elsewhere that I really like: Mandrake/Mandriva/Mageia's cmdline option readonly=1, which provides a simple shortcut partitioning process where the only step offered is mountpoint selection from among existing partitions.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/