Re: [yast-devel] sle12 network config in linuxrc
On 25.7.2014 10:54, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:31:37 +0200 (CEST)
Steffen Winterfeldt <snwint@xxxxxxx> wrote:
== network config in sle12 ==

That's why there is now the new 'ifcfg' option. The example above
would look like

static: ifcfg=*=10.0.1.1/24,10.0.1.254,10.0.1.2,suse.de
dhcp: ifcfg=*=dhcp

I'm afraid that this could possibly break some code handling the Linuxrc cmdline ("=" sign not used only as a separator, but also as a value)

Note: the transition to the new code is WIP. You may find
occasionally that linuxrc thinks the network is not configured even
though it really is.

Steffen

Can you please update also http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc as it is
I think the most used source for linuxrc documentation.

And I believe it should be also in release notes. Is there a bug or FATE entry where we could add the docu team and tell them all that is needed to know?

Thanks
Lukas

Cloud & Systems Management Department, SUSE Linux