Re: [yast-devel] Moving stuff from /sbin /bin /lib /lib64 to /usr/*
On Mon, 7 Jul 2014 15:22:24 +0200
Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 03:01:40PM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:

On other hand absolute path can make troubles to use library/gem on
non-suse systems or even on older suse systems, which is wrong from
my POV.

Yes, that's why I dislike all this moving of binaries.

I agree, I also do not see benefit of this step.

So I think resolution can be use PATH for common binaries and for
specific binaries use absolute path.

Paving the path to security issues? I suppose developers just use
a library and expect it to be safe independent of PATH. For
libstorage that's my objective.

Maybe we can look around how other tools do this task and collect
possible ideas how to solve it?

Josef

Regards,
Arvin