Re: [yast-devel] yast-fonts
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 13:13:59 +0200
Petr Gajdos <pgajdos@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

JFYI

I have just submitted zeroth version of yast-fonts module in:
https://github.com/yast/yast-fonts/

Looking forward to your opinions and corrections!

Besides: during the development, I saved time to time versions of
work done. As the result, I have eleven steps from yast hello world
to initial git commit:

0. 'Hello world' and 'Exit' button.
1. Two times 'Hello world' and 'Exit' button in two CWM tabs.
2. Widgets of 'Rendering' Tab.
3. Widgets of 'Prefered Families' Tab.
4. (a) Language selection dialog.
(b) Family selection dialog.
(c) Embedded bitmap widget logic.
(d) Presets button.
(e) Split sources to corresponding parts.
5. (a) Read from and write to /etc/sysconfig/fonts-config.
(b) Read fc-list command to figure out installed
families.
6. Refined Add Family dialog.
7. Check for installed/not installed families.
8. Added help.
9. Logging.
10. Packaging work.

They are in very raw state right now, sometimes with debug messages,
sometimes with traps.

If you find it useful from someone who never wrote yast module and
never wrote ruby code before, let me know what to do with it.

Petr

Hi,
I see you are inspired by yast2-cio module and few things that can be
improved:

1) manual_testing/run is not needed - use instead `rake run`. yast-cio
have it because I need to simulate few s390 commands, that are not
available on x86_64.

2) missing test cases :)

3) in general there can be few improvements in object design, but in
general it looks OK.

Do you have a summary how hard or easy is for you development of new
yast module?

Josef