[yast-devel] Modify Kernel parameters call
Hi list,
with grub2 we have problem with old API that bootloader provide as it
modify sections, but grub2 generate parameters from global parameters.
Result is that old method work unreliable and we get some serious bug
reports about it especially with xen. It also need nasty hack in
perl-bootloader that choose first modified section and convert
parameters to global one, which do not work nice.

So I propose new API[1] and would like to know your opinions. It is
documented and contain also examples of usage. It is designed more like
swiss knife then single purpose API as current usage is very different
( some need to add only to common kernel like cio_ignore and do not
have it in failsafe, others like crashdump should be everywhere and
others like yast2-vm need only xen related ). Other option is to
create specialized methods that set given type of kernel, but in some
case it create more code then needed.

Packages that should use this new api are:
- installation
- kdump
- s390
- vm