Re: [yast-devel] y2m use cases
# jreidinger@xxxxxxx / 2014-03-28 13:40:56 +0100:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 13:38:17 +0100
Roman Neuhauser <rneuhauser@xxxxxxx> wrote:

# jdsn@xxxxxxx / 2014-03-25 11:32:51 +0100:
y2m co master ALL
y2m up ALL

If you want to do it in one step you could create a new y2m command.

Or even better (I only had the idea, but it never made it into y2m):
Make y2m a wrapper for any command, so something like this could
work:

y2m ALL "git checkout master && git pull"
y2m FAV "echo 'Jon Doe' >> AUTHORS ; git commit -a -m 'update
authors'"

i've been thinking about this, it's not much shorter than a for */
loop and needs quoting. :( but yeah, we may end up with such a
feature.

y2m FAV "echo 'Jon Doe' >> AUTHORS ; git commit -a -m 'update
authors'"

vs.

for d in */; do echo 'Jon Doe' >> AUTHORS ; git commit -a -m 'update
authors'; done

where is cd $d and cd - ?

oh crap, sorry for the brainfart... with the loop body wrapped in
"(cd $d; " and ")" it's 21 characters.

for d in */; do (cd $d; echo 'Jon Doe' >> AUTHORS ; git commit -a -m 'update
authors'); done

--
roman