Re: [yast-devel] Re: yast2-samba-client packaging
On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 07:34:52 +0100
Jiri Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi David,
sorry for late reply: I replied to wrong address and my mail wasn't
delivered. Find it below.

I added few notes below.

Jiri

Dne St 19. března 2014 18:19:18, Jiri Suchomel napsal(a):
Dne St 19. března 2014 17:50:21, David Disseldorp napsal(a):
Hi Jiri,

I've submitted a yast2-samba-client fix for bnc#869185 upstream,
and now plan to submit the fix for 11SP3 maintenance.

It appears that the normal process is to just tag a new release
in the changelog and then generate a corresponding tarball.

Is there a "blessed" way of doing this, or should I just use git,
e.g. git archive --format=tar
--prefix=yast2-samba-client-2.17.28/ <commit> \

| bzip2 >
yast2-samba-client-2.17.28.tar.bz2

Hi David,
the way I was doing it was:

- checkout SP3 branch of yast module from git

recommended to do it in SP3 env and with SP3 version of yast2-devtools
to ensure that it works.

- generate tarball using 'make package-local' target (there might
have been some changes recently in this point, because rake is used
now; but it should not affect SP3 branch AFAIK)

yes, rake works for master, so opensuse 13.2 and SLE-12. Do not work
for older releases.
And for new versions mentioned above it works automatic with ci, for
testing build if nothing is broken, you can simply run `rake osc:build`
( you need to have installed package rubygem-yast-rake )

- upload it to my IBS project and let it build for SP3 build target

I usually use branches in IBS for such requests.

- if build succedes, create submit request to appropriate
Update:Test project

In general, if you have any YaST related questions, you can ask on
mailing list (yast-devel) or public IRC channel (#yast).

yes, recommended way as you can get more hints and due to our various
work time you have better chance to get quick help.

Josef

Cheers, David

Jiri